Erection and Construction Engineering
Large and long-span structures have special challenges during construction and demand analytically-sound and practical engineering solutions. Our practice team works closely with developers, construction managers, fabricators, erectors and general and specialty contractors to efficiently move a project through concept, delivery, completion and close-out. Allnorth is specifically dedicated to this type of work to ensure a combination of design experience and practical field expertise.
Our services include assistance with the selection of construction equipment, determining construction sequencing, estimating manpower and compliance with safety guidelines. We also assist the structural steel erector in the development of lift plans and rigging. Our logistics, equipment and site planning services include engineering check for crane capacity, investigation of soil conditions to support equipment and optimization of crane locations.
Allnorth provides a wide array of construction and erection engineering services for single span structures to complex suspension bridges. Allnorth works closely with the project team to determine the most cost-effective method of erection and erection sequence.
Services available include but are not limited to:
- Constructability review
- Piling and foundation design for buildings and equipment
- Creation of presentations illustrating the erection concept for contractors and owners
- Shoring design
- Crane layout plans
- Stability analysis and bracing of long-span trusses
- Production of erection documents from step lists to colour-coded, three dimensional erection sequence plans
- Rigging design including lifting lug design; sizing of shackles, spreaders, chokers, and turnbuckles; custom spreader beam design; selection of hydraulic cylinders and design of jacking assemblies
- Design of conveying structures and galleries
- Erection procedures
- Rigging and lifting plans
- Work bridges
- Quality management plans
- Onsite quality control inspections
- Site survey
- Temporary false work and structures
- Demolition procedures
- Road deck installation
- Pedestrian walkway installation
- Design of lifting apparatus
- Cable tensioning analysis stability analysis and site logistics.
Interested in working with us? Get in touch.